Students preparing for the Maharashtra SSC exams can check the complete Maharashtra SSC syllabus 2021 for the exam preparation. With Maharashtra SSC Syllabus 2020-21, students can easily make a study plan for them. They can also figure out the time required for each subject. Direct links to download Maharashtra SSC syllabus 2020-21 in PDF form are given in this article. Students can have a basic idea of each subject’s contents by going through the Maharashtra syllabus 2021.
Students have so much time left for the exams as Maharashtra SSC Exams will commence in March 2021. Students must plan their studies accordingly in due time to pass this examination with high scores, as per the prescribed Maharashtra SSC syllabus 2021. Read this article to check the subject-wise 10th class Maharashtra syllabus and marking scheme.
Maharashtra SSC Syllabus 2021
Maharashtra Board releases the MAHASSC Maharashtra SSC exam for Class 10 students, every academic year. Maharashtra SSC exams are conducted in various mediums. Students who qualify for the Maharashtra SSC exam are promoted. Approximately, 11 lakh students are expected to appear in Maharashtra 10th class examinations this year.
Maharashtra state SSC Examination syllabus – Overview
|Exam Name||Maharashtra SSC Examination|
|Conducting Body||Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education, Pune.|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once in an Academic year|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Question Paper Marks||100 marks (Theory marks + Internal Assessments)|
|Negative Marking||No Negative Marking|
|Download link||Maharashtra SSC Syllabus 2021 Get here|
|official Website||mahahsscboard. in|
MAHA SSC Syllabus – Important topics
Candidates can check the Maharashtra 10th Class Syllabus 2021 PDF from the tables given below. For the sake of exam appearing candidates, the complete syllabus for every subject is provided in the below table. Candidates can either get them from here or else give a click on the link. Hence, make use of the Maharashtra SSC Syllabus 2021 PDF and start your preparation.
Maharashtra SSC English Syllabus
Students should prepare for the English exam by following the given syllabus. The detailed Maharashtra SSC board syllabus 10th for English is tabulated below:
– Grammar-revision of grammatical items studied up to Std VIII
– Different kinds of sentences-simple, compound, complex
– The tenses-continuous, present perfect, past perfect, future with will/shall and going to
– Reported speech
Maharashtra SSC Science Syllabus
Refer to the table below to know the Maharashtra SSC board syllabus 10th for Science and the essential topics.
|Unit name||Important Topics|
|Materials||– Acids and Bases |
– Chemical Reactions
– Oxidation and Reduction
– Metals and Non-metals
– Carbon Compounds
|The World of Living||– Life Processes |
– Control in the Living
– Reproduction in the Living
– Heredity and Evolution
|Moving Things||– Electric Circuits|
|Natural Phenomena||– Light|
– Spherical Mirrors
|Pollution||– Types of Pollution|
– Sources of Pollution and Major Pollutants
– Effect of Pollution on the Environment
– Abatement of Pollution
|Striving for a Better Environment||– Use of efficient and eco-friendly technology|
– Sustainable Use of Resources
– Enforcement of acts, Laws, and Policies
Maharashtra SSC Mathematics Syllabus
The detailed Maharashtra SSC board syllabus 10th for Mathematics is tabulated below. Go through the same and prepare for the exam in a planned way.
|Arithmetic Progression||Introduction to Sequence,|
Arithmetic Progression (A.P.) and Geometric Progression (G.P.),
The general term of an A.P. and G.P.,
Sum of the first ‘n’ terms of an A.P. and G.P
|Quadratic Equations||Solutions of quadratic equations,|
Nature of roots based on discriminant,
The relation between roots of the equation and coefficient of the terms in the equation
Equations reducible to a quadratic form
|Linear equations in two variables||System of linear equations in two variables,|
Algebraic methods of solving linear equations in two variables,
Graphical representation of different possibilities of solutions/Inconsistency,
Graphical method of solving a system of linear equations,
The determinant of order two.
|Probability||Introduction to probability and related terms,|
The classical definition of probability,
Types of events,
Equally likely outcomes,
Probability of an event,
Properties of Probability
|Statistics||A brief revision of Tabulation of data,|
inclusive and exclusive type of tables,
Mean, median, and mode of grouped data,
Ogives (Cumulative frequency graphs),
Applications of ogives in the determination of median, Relation between measures of central tendency
|Geometry||Triangle– Properties of ratios of areas of two triangles, Basic proportionality theorem, Introduction to similarity, Similar triangles, Areas of two similar triangles, Similarity in right-angled triangles, Pythagoras theorem and its converse.|
Circles– Tangents and its properties, Theorem – Tangent at any point to the circle is perpendicular to the radius and its converse, Number of tangents from a point to a circle, Theorem- The length of two tangent segments drawn from a point outside the circle are equal,
Touching circles Slope of a line, Intercepts made by a line, Standard forms of the equation of a line, General equation of a line.
Construction of tangent to the circle from the point on the circle and outside the circle. ·
Construction of tangent without using center ·
Construction of triangle If the base, angle apposite to it and either median altitude is given · Construction of a triangle similar to a given triangle
Length of an arc, Area of the sector, Area of a Circular Segment, Euler’s formula, Surface area and volume of cuboids Spheres, hemispheres, right circular cylinders cones, frustum of a cone, Problems based on areas and perimeter/circumference of circle, sector, and a segment of a circle.
Angles in standard position, Trigonometric ratios in terms of coordinates of a point, Trigonometric Identities (with proof), Use of basic identities and their applications, Problems on height and distance
Maharashtra SSC Social Studies Syllabus
Find below the Maharashtra 10th class syllabus of History, Political Science, Geography and Economics, and the important topics below. Prepare all subjects to get good marks.
|20th Century Age of conflict||a) First world war|
b) Russian Revolution
c) The League of Nations
d) Dictatorships in Europe, Second World War, and world
e) United Nations Organization
|Emancipation of Asia and Africa||a) Asia|
|World after World War II||a) Cold war|
b) Scientific and Technological Progress
|Political Science||Chapters –|
1) Democracy Meaning, Types and characteristics
2) Political Parties and types Meaning, Need, Types of Political Parties – National and Regional.
3) Social Diversity and Democracy, what is social diversity?
i) Caste/race and Democracy
ii) Language and Democracy
iii) Religion and Democracy
iv) Gender and Democracy
4) Challenges to Democracy Remedial measures to the challenges
5) Internal work
|Geography||Physical Divisions of India|
|North Indian Mountains||Himalayas, Associated mountains|
|North Indian Plain Region||Deserts, Western Plains, Central Plains, Eastern Plains, Delta region|
|Peninsular Plateau Region||Malwa Plateau, Chota Nagpur Plateau, Maharashtra Plateau, Karnataka Plateau, Telangana Plateau|
|The Western Ghats and Eastern Ghats||Sahyadri’s, Eastern Ghats|
|Coastal Region||Eastern coastal plain, Western coastal plain|
|Indian Islands||Western Islands, Eastern Islands|
|Practical||One dimensional diagram, Two-dimensional diagrams|
1) Introduction of an Economy-What is an economy? Types of Economy, Main features of Economy.
2) Basic problems of an economic solution.
3) Public distribution system & consumer protection- Introduction, Public Distribution system – meaning & explanation, Objectives of P.D.S., Progress of P.D.S., Drawbacks of P.D.S., Remedial Measures, Consumer Protection – Rights & duties of consumer, food adulteration.
Maharashtra SSC Exam Pattern
The Maharashtra SSC 2021 exam pattern comprises 5 compulsory subjects:
- Social Science
Another language paper is available in different language options, including Marathi. The minimum percentage of marks required is 35% to obtain a pass result.
In Mathematics and Science, the total marks are 150 each and a candidate is required to obtain at least 52 marks in each subject to receive a pass result in the subject.
The remaining subject exams are of 100 marks each, and the candidate requires at least 35 marks to obtain a minimum pass result.
Importance of Maharashtra SSC Subjects
MAHA SSC Syllabus contains several subjects according to the Educational conduction Board norms, here we are explaining some of the importance of the major subjects.
Importance of Mathematics
Mathematics is a significant subject, especially for an SSC student; it is a mandatory subject to score for a better grade or total score in general.
Importance of Science
Since Science has both physical and biological science papers, one can easily aim for the highest score or the best grades.
Importance of Languages
Telugu, Hindi, and English are the languages in which one can score as much as possible. Whereas Telugu & English has two papers each (Both Theory & Vocabulary), the students have an enormous scope to achieve good communication skills.
Importance of Social Studies
Social Studies is another important subject with which the student can easily score the highest marks by working on both geography & History papers.
Maharashtra SSC Board 2021 Exam Preparation Tips
Students need to prepare for Maharashtra SSC 2021 smartly by tweaking their academic lifestyle a bit. These small changes can bring about great results. Read Maharashtra SSC board exam toppers’ own tried and tested methods to prepare a strategy for yourself.
- Before preparing for Maharashtra SSC 2021 exams, gather all the information like syllabus, exam pattern, admit card, etc. This will help you organize your mind and reduce the stress for preparation and exam day.
- Most of the students don’t bother to read the syllabus, but it is essential to do so to be able to judge which topics to prioritize before others. Go through the syllabus and exam pattern for Maharashtra SSC 2021 carefully and make notes of the mark’s distribution.
- After going through the syllabus and exam pattern, you need to put all the information in a study plan which gives your studies discipline. Making a study plan will make you avoid losing any precious time by allotting time for your day-to-day activities.
- It is essential to practice every topic you complete through sample papers or previous year’s question papers. Time yourself and try to solve the paper in the shortest time possible so that you have time for revision in the exam.
- Students must remember to take breaks and eat healthy while preparing for Maharashtra SSC 2021. Only if you are healthy will you be able to perform at your very best. Keep stress at bay by engaging in your hobbies, taking naps, or exercising while preparing for the exam.
FAQS about Maharashtra SSC Class 10 Syllabus 2021
What is the Maharashtra SSC Class 10 Examination?
Maharashtra SSC exam refers to the Class 10 Examination, the 10th class Board Examination of Maharashtra State.
From where can I check the Maharashtra SSC Syllabus for the academic year 2021?
Students can check the syllabus on the official website of the Maharashtra board-mahahsscboard. in
What is the difficulty level of questions asked in the Maharashtra SSC exam?
Easy to moderate level questions are asked in this examination.
What are the passing marks for the Maharashtra SSC exam?
Students need to score a minimum of 35 per cent in each subject to pass the exam.
How to Download Maharashtra SSC Syllabus 2021
- Step 1: Visit the official website of the Maharashtra SSC – MAHA board – mahahsscboard.in
- Step 2: Click on the “Maharashtra SSC Syllabus 2021” link under the “Notification” section of the homepage.
- Step 3: A new window pops up with a syllabus PDF.
- Step 4: Download and save the PDF for future reference.
- 1 Maharashtra SSC Syllabus 2021
- 2 How to Download Maharashtra SSC Syllabus 2021