TET Exam 2022 Notification, Registration, Eligibility Criteria Details, Exam Date: Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) is an exam that is conducted at both national (CTET) and state levels (TET) to check the eligibility of aspirants in a Teaching Profession. The minimum qualification that an aspirant should possess to be eligible as a teacher for Classes I to VIII students can be identified with this Examination. This Exam is mandatory to get teaching jobs in the government schools of our Country. One must appear for two papers in this Exam: Paper 1, for aspirants to teach the students of Classes I to V, whereas Paper 2 exam is for aspirants to teach the students of Classes VI to VIII. This TET Exam is conducted both by the central as well as the state governments of India. Most of the states in our country conduct their own TET. This TET was performed to meet the Law of Children’s Right to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009.
As per the requirements, those interested in bagging a teacher position in India’s government schools will need to appear for the Teachers Eligibility Test. Depending on the candidate’s rank, the Government schools’ vacant posts will be filled based on the aspirant’s performance in this particular Exam.
Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) – TET Exam 2022
The Government of India introduced this Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) in 2011 to improve teaching standards. Teachers already working were expected to pass the exam within two years. The exam is based on India’s National Curriculum Framework for Teacher Education and is a mandatory qualification for incoming teachers for Classes I through VIII. People with professional teaching qualifications, including the B.T.C (D.E.Ed), B.Ed., and B.E.Ed., are eligible to take the test. Candidates must score over 60% to pass. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) maintains the TET database and guides government organizations on conducting the test.
Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) Examination Overview
|Authority of Conduction||the state government of India|
|Examination Name||Teacher Eligibility Test – TET Examination|
|Frequency of Conduction||Once in A Year|
|Mode of Exam Conduction||Offline|
|Eligibility||Those who’ve completed their 12th with at least 50%|
|Apply Link||Application Form to Apply for TET Exam Here|
|Official Website||State Board of TET Examination|
What is TET?
Teacher Eligibility Test is an examination conducted at national and state levels to determine candidates’ eligibility for their appointment as teachers in central Schools or state schools. Every year, lakhs of aspirants from different parts of the country appear for TETs intending to get recruited in any of the following teaching posts:
- Primary Teachers (PRTs): For Classes 1-5
- Trained Graduate Teachers (TGTs): For Classes 6-10
- Post Graduate Teachers (PGTs): For Classes 11-12
One Who may be noted that qualifying TET does not require the recruitment of candidates in schools? However, once qualified, candidates only get eligible to apply for teaching jobs. To get the job, candidates have to go through the school’s recruitment/interview process, which they are using.
Conduction of TET Examination 2022
TET Exam is conducted by the Central government as the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET), while some of the state governments conduct their own exams as State Teacher Eligibility Test (STET).
Here are the states conducting the TET Examinations this academic year, and the Expected Notification Release date along with the Expected Exam Date is tabulated below:
|TET Exam||Expected Notification Date||Expected TET exam date 2022||Official Websites|
|Released||January 31, 2022||http://ctet.nic.in/|
|July 2022||October/November 2022||http://upbasiceduboard.gov.in/|
|September 2022||December 2022||http://wbtet.nic.in/|
|October 2022||December 2022||www.haryanatet.in|
|May 2022||July 2022||http://rtetbser.org/|
|November 2022||January 2022||http://bseodisha.nic.in/|
|June 2022||July 2022||https://aptet.apcfss.in/|
|February 2022||June 2022||http://www.tetpunjab.com/|
|September 2022||December 2022||http://www.ubse.in/|
|June 2022||August 2022||http://trb.tn.nic.in/|
|July 2022||November 2022|
|May 2022||June 2022|
|May 2022||June 2022|
|May 2022||June 2022|
|June 2022||August 2022|
|Jan 2022||June 2022|
|November 26, 2022||February 2022|
|Arunachal Pradesh TET|
|Nov 2022||Jan 2022|
|Nov 2022||Mar 2022|
|March 2022||April 2022|
|Telangana TET |
|Jan 2022||July 2022|
(National Hospitality Teacher’s Eligibility Test)
|Oct 2022||Feb 2022|
Benefits of appearing Teacher Eligibility Test – TET Examination 2022
TET helps to filter out the best and effective candidates who can maintain the level of education today. This examination allows for improving education, pushing the teachers to teach subjects in a more integral & Empowering way.
Since 2011, all the CBSE and Government aided schools to recruit teachers who have passed the TET Examination. Several Private schools also accept the TET certificate during the recruitment process. The TET process aims to regulate the recruitment process of teachers. Once you crack the TET exam, and you can land a job in any of the government-aided or reputed Private CBSE schools based on your choice and also on the availability of vacancies.
If you clear the exam, you can apply for a teaching post in Primary/Upper Primary School. Without TET, you can only apply for the Elementary Teachers, not to the above posts.
Difference Between TET Exam & CTET Examination
TET or Teachers Eligibility Test and CTET or Central Teachers Eligibility Test is a standard test conducted for recruitment to teachers posts in different government-run schools. As the name suggests, CTET is a central government-conducted recruitment test. Whereas, TET Exam is a state government-conducted recruitment test. Even though both the tests are conducted for the same reason for the job vacancies, the schools, and the applicability of the test vary between the two tests. Here are some of the differences between the TET Examinations and the CTET Exam.
TET Eligibility Criteria 2022
Given below are the TET Exam Qualification details for 2022 which applicants need to know before applying for the TET exam in any State.
The basic TET Exam Qualification/eligibility that candidates need to fulfill in order to appear for a TET are:
- Candidates should obtain a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a minimum of 45 percent marks
- Candidates should obtain a degree in Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) or complete any other prescribed teacher training program/course
- Candidates should be a minimum 18 and maximum of 35 years of age
Eligibility criteria for Paper 1
- The candidate must have passed class 12th with at least 50% and appeared in the final year of the 2-year diploma in elementary education or
- The candidate must have passed class 12th with at least 45% and passed or appeared in the final year of the 2-year diploma in elementary education as per the NCTE Regulations 2002 or
- The candidate must have passed class 12th with at least 50% and passed or appeared for the final year of the 4-year bachelor of elementary education or
- The candidate must have pursued graduation and passed or appeared for the final year of the 2-year diploma in education (special education) or
- The candidate must have done graduation and appearing in the final year of the 2-year diploma in elementary education
Eligibility Criteria for Paper 2
- The candidate must be a graduate or appearing for the final year of the 2-year diploma in elementary education or
- The candidate with a graduation score of minimum 50% and passed or appearing for the 1-year bachelor in education or
- The candidate must have done graduation with at least 45% and passed or appearing in the 1-year bachelor in education as per the NCTE regulations or
- Must have passed class 12th with at least 50% and passed or appeared for the final year of the 4-year bachelor in elementary education course or
- Must have passed 12th with minimum 50% and passed or appeared for the final year of the 4-year BA/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed./B.Sc.Ed
- Must have pursued graduation with at least 50% or must have passed or appeared for the 1-year B.Ed. (Special Education)
Documents Required for TET Exams 2022
Before applying for TET 2022, candidates must have an idea about the documents which are required for TET. Given below is the list of documents that are helpful while applying or being eligible for the TET Exam in all States.
- Recent photograph
- ID proof
- Caste Certificate
- Age/DOB Certificate
- Qualifications Certificate
- Academic Records
- Experience Certificate (If any)
TET Examinations 2022 Online Application Process
To appear for the TET Examination, candidates must fill in the Online Applications for the Exam by logging in to the State’s official website from which they were willing to appear to the Examination. Once they are login, they have to click on ‘Apply Online’ and will be taken to the instructions page. They will have to read all the necessary instructions regarding the application process, and after reading all the instructions carefully, they can apply online.
Candidates will have to fill in all the details and click on ‘Next’. There is also a reset button to edit the filled in information. After ‘Next’, candidates will be redirected to a Review Page and after that, they will have to click on the ‘Final Submit’ button. After that, a registration number will be issued to the candidate who needs to be kept safe for future use.
Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) Application Fee
The Application Fee for the State and the Central TET Exam may differ and it also varies depending on the category the candidate chooses. So, the candidates can pay the fees respectively based on the category they choose. CTET or TET Exam Application Fee may vary in each State.
Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) Admission Process 2022
The qualifying marks criteria for different TET exams can be different. However, generally, the minimum qualifying marks for the TET exam are 60%. The state government or the exam conducting board can, however, give relaxation in the minimum qualifying marks to the candidates belonging to reserved categories such as OBC, SC/ ST, PW, etc. It is important to note for the candidates that qualifying TET doesn’t guarantee any job. It just means that you have gained eligibility to apply for a teaching job in government and other schools.
TET Exam Dates 2022 – Timetable
Teacher Eligibility Test Exam dates differ for each of the States. TET is an entrance exam for teachers that is different in different states as it will be held by both the central and state governments. The TET Exam Time Table for each state will be released on their official website once the Authorities announce them.
Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) Exam Qualifying Marks
A candidate who scores 60% or more in the TET exam will be considered as TET pass. School managements (Government, local bodies, government-aided and unaided) (a) may consider giving concessions to persons belonging to SC/ST, OBC, differently-abled persons, etc., in accordance with their extant reservation policy; should give weightage to the TET scores in the recruitment process; however, passing the TET exam merely means gaining eligibility to apply for teaching jobs. It does not confirm your appointment as a teacher.
Please note that the Qualifying Marks Criteria can be different for different state level exam.
FAQs on Teacher Eligibility Test – TET 2022 Examination
Who conducts Teacher Eligibility Test Exam in 2022?
TET Exam 2022 is conducted at both the central and state level. At the central level, it is conducted by CBSE and at the state level by the respective state authorities under the state government.
What is the frequency of the Conduction of this exam?
There is no specific duration. It is conducted as per the vacancies. It can be conducted twice a year, once a year, or once in two or three years depending on the number of posts that have to be filled in that particular state.
What are the qualifications required to take the TET Exam?
1. Graduation and passed or appearing in the final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known).
2. Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed.).
3. Graduation with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed.), in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure) Regulations issued from time to time in this regard.
4. Senior Secondary (or it is equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in the final year of 4- year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).
5. Senior Secondary (or it is equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in the final year of 4- year B. A /B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed.
6. Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year B.Ed. (Special Education).
Can a Btech Graduate apply for theTeacher Eligibility TEST (TET) Examination?
You also have to complete a B.Ed. course, along with your Engineering. So that you can write TET Exam. Accordingly, it is stated that if you pass the TET Exam, you can become a math teacher from 6 to 8 Grade.
Can I write TET without doing the B.Ed. Course?
B.Ed. stands for Bachelor of Education and you cannot write the TET exam without doing your B.Ed. Course.
Educational qualifications required for the TET exam are mentioned below:
– Completion of B.Ed. or D. ED in any stream with 50% marks from any recognized university.
– Marks relaxation: There is no relaxation for OBC candidates.
– 5% marks relaxed for SC/ST candidates.
– Nationality: Indian.
– Age limit: There is no age limit.
What are the subjects in the TET exam?
Child Development & Pedagogy
The language I & II
How can I start preparation for the TET Exam?
The TET mainly has 2 papers. Paper – I is meant for teachers opting for Class I to Class V and Paper II for Class VI to Class VIII. Both the Papers are Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) Type the total marks being 150 each with the first 3 papers being common such as
1. Child Development and Pedagogy,
2. Language – I, and
3. Language – II.
But our main focus being on Paper-II. It assesses its applicants on 4 broad areas, namely
1. Child Development and Pedagogy,
2. Language – I,
3. Language – II,
4. Mathematics and Science or Social Sciences.
You can join coaching classes and also refer to the previous year’s question papers & Make sure you eat a balanced diet, get adequate sleep, and also exercising regularly if you wish to boost your performance when you are preparing for the examination.
Steps on How to Apply for Teacher’s Eligibility Test – TET Exam 2022
Once the filling of the Application is done in online mode. For each state, there will their own website which the candidate needs to visit. Here are the General Steps on how you can fill the application form.
- Visit the respective websites of the TET Exam 2022 for different states.
- Click on the link provided for the Online Application.
- Press the “Registration” button and provide the details asked.
- After providing all the information. Login again to complete the application form given with the details about yourself that are required.
- Upload the documents asked by scanning.
- Make the Fee payment.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- Take the printout for future use.
- 1 Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) – TET Exam 2022
- 2 What is TET?
- 2.1 Conduction of TET Examination 2022
- 2.2 Benefits of appearing Teacher Eligibility Test – TET Examination 2022
- 2.3 Difference Between TET Exam & CTET Examination
- 2.4 TET Eligibility Criteria 2022
- 2.5 Documents Required for TET Exams 2022
- 2.6 TET Examinations 2022 Online Application Process
- 2.7 Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) Application Fee
- 2.8 Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) Admission Process 2022
- 2.9 TET Exam Dates 2022 – Timetable
- 2.10 Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) Exam Qualifying Marks
- 3 FAQs on Teacher Eligibility Test – TET 2022 Examination