The Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF) is an educational foundation and it is also a nonprofitable organization that was established in 1999. SOF is based in New Delhi, India. It promotes science, mathematics, general knowledge, introductory computer education, and English language skills among school children in India and many other countries through various Olympiad Exams. It helps students with their academics by providing a higher level of education through their books, sample papers, awards, and Olympiads.
It is an Educational Organization popularizing academic competition and assisting the development of competitive spirit among school children across many cities all around the world. This foundation was established by leading academicians, scientists, and media personalities with the aim of promoting Science, Mathematics, Computer Education, English, General Knowledge, and professional courses. Science Olympiad Foundation has been striving for close to 25 years.
Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF) 2022
With the help of many activities and the use of IT (Information Technology) in the learning process that involves school-going students across the entire country, the Science Olympiad Foundation has been promoting scientific attitude and temperament for over two decades now.
students from more than 45,000 schools in 1400 cities, across 32 countries from all around the world apply for the SOF Olympiad Exams every year. A total of 20 crores will be spent on the awards every year for these Olympiad Exams.
Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF) Organization – Overview
|Name of the Foundation||Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF)|
|Olympiad Examination Names||NSO – (National Science Olympiad)|
NCO – (National Cyber Olympiad)
IMO – (International Mathematics Olympiad)
IEO – (International English Olympiad)
ICO – (International Commerce Olympiad)
IGKO – (International General Knowledge Olympiad)
|Headquarters Location||New Delhi, India|
|Frequency of Conduction||Once in a year|
|Mode of Exam Conduction||Online (Due to pandemic) Usually Offline|
|Eligibility for SOF||Class 1 – 12|
|Apply Link||Application form to apply for SOF Olympiads exam here|
Olympiad Examinations Conducted by SOF Board
- National Science Olympiad (NSO): NSO is a scholarship Olympiad exam aimed at cultivating scientific reasoning and logical ability among the students who’re studying in class 1 – 12, through a test. This test is conducted at 2 levels 1 & 2.
- National Cyber Olympiad (NCO): The NCO is a cyber concept and knowledge competition for students of Class 1 to 12. The aim of conducting NCO is identifying and nurturing future scientists, technologies, and IT talent at the schooling level only.
- International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO): This is a Mathematics based Olympiad exam conducted each year. This is also conducted for students of Class 1 to 12. The aim behind this is to identify & support students who’ve got a good potential of becoming future scientists or technologists.
- International English Olympiad (IEO): It is an English Language and Grammar competition. This exam is also conducted every year for Class 1 to 12. This exam helps all the students judge themselves in terms of their English Knowledge also the abilities like Listening, Speaking, Reading & Writing. They can also improve their Communication Skills along.
- International Commerce Olympiad (ICO): This Olympiad is an objective-type of test with 60 mins duration comprising 50 questions. This is conducted each year for Class 11 & 12. This exam has 4 sections namely Economics, Accountancy, Business Studies & Achievers Section. There are separate question papers for the 11th and 12th classes.
- International General Knowledge Olympiad (IGKO): This is a General Knowledge based exam. This exam is conducted yearly for Class 1 to 10. This exam helps students in developing an interest in General Knowledge & Current Affairs.
Benefits of SOF
- Since SOF Olympiad is the most recognized organization, it has High competition and advanced learning.
- Identifying & nurturing the hidden talents of students at the school level itself.
- Encourages students to participate in National/ International/ Competitions/ Programs or events.
- Infuses a healthy competitive spirit through awards and rewards-based tests.
- Makes them learn more current and relevant social issues and improves their opinion towards society.
- Brings a transformation in the classroom approach to subjects they learn in their schools, makes them more Interactive, Practical & Innovative.
- Students learn to adopt new ways of learning with methodical research, with the help of new educational tools, Special publications, and expert advice.
Awards for SOF Olympiads
Each winner will be entitled to one award for an exam. The winners will be selected by the jury of the Science Olympiad Foundation after sorting the lists of marks with various levels that the exam was conducted. There will be three different levels in the award distribution. They are:
- International Level
- Zonal Level
- At School Level
SOF Olympiad Trainer
There is this official website called SOF Olympiad Trainer in which the students can give their mock tests before appearing for the examination. This Olympiad Trainer allows the users to practice more efficiently because of the accessibility of this website. One can easily practice or can take self-assessment anytime, anywhere with instant reports & analysis. They provide both worksheets and question bank which is tailored to the SOF Olympiad test format, which is carefully prepared to improve and work around the concepts that cover the complete syllabus of SOF Olympiad Examinations.
FAQs on SOF (Science Olympiad Foundation)
How can I get a good rank in the second level of SOF Olympiad Exam?
If you’ve cleared the first level of the SOF Olympiad exams then you must have good knowledge about the syllabus, now all you have to do is to practice the problems and subject topics irrespective of the levels like easy, moderate & tough because you’ll be needing a lot of speed along with accuracy and correctness.
How do I study and plan the preparation for the SOF Olympiad Exams?
To prepare for SOF Olympiad you can start learning online with “SOF Olympiad Trainer” which is a website started by Science Olympiad Foundation. This provides students with Olympiad Sample Papers & Preparation Guide. Here you’ll be able to find mock tests, sample papers of previous years, sample test papers which makes your study plan & preparation process easy.
What are the best books to prepare for SOF Olympiads?
If you’re looking for the best books with relevant topics and that covers all the syllabus, then you should visit the official website of SOF. They have given all the reference books links to purchase from those respective websites.
How to register for exams of SOF Olympiad?
The official website releases the links for registration forms of all exams will be sent to all the schools that were registered with SOF Olympiad. Schools not registered may also request registrations by sending an e-mail at [email protected] or contact them.
What is an Olympiad Exam?
An Olympiad exam is the means for the students to compete with the other students on a similar educational level. Such exams promote the learning skills in various subjects like Mathematics, Science, Computer technology or English and others among the students. An Olympiad helps students analyze their strengths and weaknesses based on their performance in the nationwide or international level examination. These exams provide an absolute assessment of students’ knowledge and motivate them towards academic improvement. The participating students are judged based on their scientific-reasoning and logical-ability.
What is the history of SOF?
The Science Olympiad Foundation is an educational foundation and a nonprofit organization, established in 1999, based in New Delhi. The founder of this foundation is Mahabir Singh. The SOF is affiliated with the British Council, Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
How to Register for SOF Olympiads Exam in 2023
- Step 1: Go to the official website of SOF with the help of the link given here – sofworld.org
- Step 2: Now click on the Registration option and select the specific Olympiad Exam that you want to participate in.
- Step 3: Enter the required details in the registration form, along with the payment for the registration fee.
- Step 4: Once the payment is successful, you’ll receive the confirmation message/mail regarding the registration process.
- Step 5: Take a screenshot or a printout for future reference just in case.
- 1 Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF) 2022
- 2 How to Register for SOF Olympiads Exam in 2023